Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ok ...hand over the camera!

Long before I was a "Blogger" I was a photographer {amateur of course}.....I even worked a job in a photographic lab while at uni...then spent a year working for a school photographic company...

Now as a wife and mum I am the chief photo taker of the family......the historian, the taker and keeper of memories, recorder of events....good and bad.

I am a scrapbooker from way back and most recently a blogger........

So I am all too familiar with the " no photos of the photographer" ....situation

One day we won't be here...{sorry to be so morbid} there will be very little record of who we were...what we looked like...who we looked like......
Who doesn't like looking back at their ancestors and seeing family likeness or traits that make them related to us?

So take the challenge and hand the camera to someone else.....take a risk that they may snap some pics of you......

I did........



As much as I would rather be the one taking the pics....I am grateful for the photos taken of me.....
It gives me a chance to look at myself a little closer....see what others see...see the age lines that make me, me....see why people say my daughter is a mini me.......
I looked at these pics and saw some of the stories that make me who I am....

You don't have to go public with the photos but do let them be taken...if not for you then for your kids, and the generations to come who will want to see the piece in the family tree that is you.

Thanks to my hubby for taking these pics and about 50 more.....even though I protested somewhat...I am glad he persisted.

13 comments:

  1. You're a beautiful lady, Bron! I've never been one to like having my picture taken, but I realized that my granddaughter might someday like pictures of the two of us together. So now I occasionally hand over the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true - good to have photo's of the photographer :) These are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such a fantastic smile and I agree wholeheartedly! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Bron, Your pictures remind me of "timeless beauty" pictures! Great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! And I see your hair is longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really really lovely photos of you. It is hard being in front of the camera I agree but it will be so nice to have these to look back on later:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos of you Bron! So true too, I need to be in photos with my kids more I think instead of hiding behind that camera! Hope your week is lovely and all are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of you, so true that we need to be in the shot sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely set of photos of you and your kiddos
    I have minimal photos of myself because a) I am the photographer and b) I am harsh on myself

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely set of photos of you and your kiddos
    I have minimal photos of myself because a) I am the photographer and b) I am harsh on myself

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are so lovely Bron. and more brave than I. I was big on the emotional eating last year, and I spent Dads last months before I lost him, trying to console myself with some inappropriate food and beverage choices!!! Hence, extra weight, hence, self conscious, hence, not many photos of me allowed to be taken. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...